[Welfare Benefit ] Claiming Discretionary Housing Payments

Being affected by the welfare reform and the introduction of benefit cap, CIAC has recently received more enquiries about the housing costs which cannot be covered by government benefits.

The clients with this issue were advised to check their eligibility for a Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) which can provide extra money to cover their housing costs, such as rent shortfalls, deposits or rent in advance for moving home. The amount and the duration of the payment in each case are decided by the council. The clients need to contact their local councils for applications.

Please find the details in our latest newsletter or contact us if you need any assistance.

Back To Top