This year’s International Women’s Day celebrates the theme: #BalanceforBetter.
Many of our works are built around women’s safety and wellbeing in the community. We appreciate the support from all the women we have worked with. The wish to serve our community will continue to motivate us.
Here we select some of the exciting events in London, Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham. Keep an eye on the official website of IWD (https://www.internationalwomensday.com/) and search for the events in your city.
- Million Women Rise March: On the 9th March, from 1-3 pm, march from Duke Street to Trafalgar Square
- Royal Academy of Art: feminist time festival 2nd -11th March
- Southbank Centre: WOW Women of the World festival 8th -9th March
- Barbican Hall: The Guilty Feminist International Women’s Day Special, 8th March 19-21:45
- Trapped in Zone One, Just Type workshop at We Built This City, 56B Carnaby Street, 8th March 18:30-21:00
- BFI: International Women’s Day Premiere of Lorraine Hansberry: Sighted Eyes/Feeling Heart, 9th March 14:00
- Walk for Women, from St. Peter’s Square to Castlefield Bowl, 2nd March 15:00-16:00
- Working Class Movement Library, Remembering Resistance: a Century of Women’s Protest in the North of England, 2nd March 14:00- 16:00
- Lecture Theatre B University Place, International Women’s Day: Balance for Better public talk, 6th March 13:00-15:00
- Manchester Craft & Design Centre, Creative workshops, 7th -9th March
- Chuck Gallery: LEGACY exhibition, 2nd – 21st March
- Wythenshawe Forum, Wyth Women afternoon tea, 8th March 12:00-15:00
- St Thomas Centre, Celebration tea party for BME women, 8th March 11:30-15:00
- Millennium Gallery with SheFest, LATE: IWD2019, 8th March 19:30-22:30
- Sheffield And District African Caribbean Community Association, Break Through Your Limits conference, 9th March 9:30-17:00
- West Midlands Women’s Voice in Conversation with Dr Helen Pankhurst at The Custard Factory Gibb Street, 6th March 9:30-16:00
- International Women’s Day Tour at Key Hill Cemetery, 23rd March 11:00-12:30