Homelessness – Housing First
Housing First supports people in London who are homeless and those threatened to become homeless in London.
The statutory definition of homeless includes those in overcrowded accommodation or in temporary home.
We aim to assist the ethnic Chinese community who are traditionally marginalized. Armed with linguistic capability, we reach out to a wider network of service users, especially those who are being threatened by homelessness.
Under the Housing First Project, we:
- Support clients who have unclear immigration status e.g. loss of ID and as a result unable to claim benefits or access local support.
- Assist victims of domestic and sexual violence who have escaped to secure accommodation at refuges, temporary accommodation and private landlords.
- Help clients get back to work – link up with business owners to provide training and employment opportunities.
- Support clients who were in financial hardship by applying grants and benefits for them
- Provide linguistic support, advocacy and representation to Chinese clients who face challenges when working with other homeless organisations in Westminster.