Homelessness – Housing First
Housing First supports people in London who are homeless or who face the threat of becoming homeless in London.
The statutory definition of homelessness includes those in overcrowded accommodation or in temporary home.
We aim to assist members of the Chinese community who are marginalized. We are able to reach out to a wide network of service users, especially those who are being threatened by homelessness.
Under the Housing First Project, we:
- support clients who have unclear immigration status e.g. loss of ID and as a result are unable to claim benefits or access local support.
- assist victims of domestic and sexual violence who have escaped to secure accommodation at refuges, temporary accommodation and private landlords.
- help clients get back to work – by linking them up with business owners to provide training and employment opportunities.
- support clients who are in financial hardship by applying for grants and benefits for them.
- provide linguistic support, advocacy and representation to Chinese clients who face challenges when working with other homeless organisations in Westminster.